Ok, in the process of getting openvswitch up in running this week, I managed to break one of the emulation machines, though I am told Joe managed to one-up me on that account..
But, I have everything running. It seems like the resubmit command that exists in pox is not the same as the one that exists in openvswitch, which meant my hacked programme didnt even work, which was a bit of a disappointment. However, I have made a switch which uses wildcards and managed to get it running, though it will produce n^2 rules..
The next step is to write something to add the actions that exist in openvswitch but not in pox to my controller.